Tuesday 9 September 2008

Suzanne blog candy

Suzanne, a very talented lady, one of the brilliant design team on Whiff of Joy stamps is offering a gorgeous Candy including a Melinda stamp! She also has a poorly cat at the moment, which needs lots of get well vibes.

She wants to know what your favourite movie is. Now I have several that I love and watch lots, Notting Hill, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, Lion King....but....my all time favourite is a realitively unknown film from the 1970's called 'The Amazing Mr Blunden'.

I religiously must watch this on average once a month and I am word perfect on it. I first watched it as a child and it's magic has stayed with me since. It was also the first film I really showed to my two boys. I even paid a stupid amount from a book dealer for a copy of the book - 'The Ghosts' by Antonia Barber as I just had to have it. The story is about 2 children who following the death of their father (WW1)move with their mother and baby brother to a remote country house where she acts as Caretaker on the recommendation of an elegent elderly gentleman, and the encounters they have there. i don't want to say too much as it will spoil it for you. If anyone is interested in it, you can get a copy here for uk and here for usa.

No comments: