Monday 1 December 2008

Dutchdare - a hole in the card




Firstly a big thank you to those that have left me messages, the boys are alot better today, even though Edward fell of his bike at nursery and has scrapped the whole side of his face which "hurts Mummy" as he keeps telling me. My back is still painful but I think that will be a long haul as I trapped a nerve there in the spring and I think it is now hurting as it is so cold. Snow forcast tonight, so it is going to be cold. Thanks to Jamie for the Candy, I didn't even know I had won as I have hardly been on here of late.





Well onto my card. I decided to do this challenge as one of my best friends Cathy is on the DT. I have used one of my birthday stamps from Sugar Nellie and coloured her in using pro makers which I am still learning how to use - can't do shading at all with them though if anyone knows of a good tutorial please let me know the link. The papers are dovecraft winter blue and the white strip is basic card stack which has been run through my cuttlebug using the snowflake folder (I love this machine). The ribbon came of some chocolates I think and the charm is off a papermania topper which I didn't think was made particularily well so I dismantaled it! The swirls are cut using the cuttlebug too and I have used silver glitz it to hightlight. The hole was cut with my friskars. I hope you like it.



image - sugar nellie - partridge in a pear tree
papers - dovecraft winter blue
cuttlebug - snowflakes folder, antique corners
ribbon - stash
charm - papermania

8 comments:

nessy said...

delightful card ~ so much work ~ beautifully made.
look after yourself
vanessa xx

Desire Fourie said...

Vicky this is a beautiful card and great interpretation of the challenge. Love the way how you've put your main image on the inside of the card and highlighted it with the hole from the outside of the card. Thank you for taking part in this week's Dutch Dare challenge. Hugs from Desire (DD DT member)

Sandra said...

Great card..!! thanks for joining us in the DDCC

Regards Sandra

Karin said...

Gorgeous card Vicky.
I love the papers and sweet image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin

Heather said...

fab card, love the swirls!!
hugs

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card so adorable ,Dawnxx

Cath said...

Oh I really like this! The image is adorable and the hole to highlight the image is just super!

Bev said...

Fab, fab, fab!! Absolutley love this card Vicky!!

hugs Bev x