Thursday 5 March 2009

ABC - D is for Distressing


Doh I should really have set this as a delayed post and just noticed I hadn't!!!! I was unable to load any photos due to blogger playing up on monday so Marcea kindly added mine to the ABC Challenge. Tuesday was Ed's birthday and I completely forgot - whoops.
The image is a rak of Cathy that I have had ages, but while she was up on Saturday I had a play with her distressed inks and this is the result. I am very happy with it. I think the grungy distressed look suits this card. I have used bright papers as well as Ed has alot of friends parties coming up - I think that we have one a week for the next 2 months eek so this would be lovely for a little girl. I borrowed Cathy's distressing tool and frayed the edge - had to do twice as I was too delicate at first and then i ripped it - eeek I was scared I would rip it in two! I hope you like the finished effect.
recipe -
image - tilda rak of Cathy
papers- basic grey - offbeat
card - stock
flowers - prima
brad - stash
charm - madcow beads

4 comments:

Jen said...

You're right Vicky - that image looks brilliant with distressing.
Jen xx

Marcea said...

This is gorgeous and you have used the inks brilliantly!!
-x-

Ali Watson said...

This is super i love this tilda, fab distressing too.

Cathy said...

Fab distressing Vicky - love the orange and gorgeous dp.
Hugs
Cathy xx